Wednesday, August 10, 2016


This was our boat Sunbeam. We were married in her and lived on her year round. There was nothing better than coming home from work and Nancy saying: "Dinner will be ready in twenty minutes, do you want to eat it out on the bay?" Ten minutes later she had the shore power disconnected, cable and phone lines stowed and all but the breast line coiled and we were ready to cast off. And then she served dinner up in the pilot house and we would watch the sun set over Long Island Sound. Often, we just anchored off in a cove and stayed to sunrise just to return in time to go to work. It was heaven while it lasted but Sunbeam got us safely to Canada when we moved there, was a meeting place of my "flock" of about 15 friends who came to me (or more often to Nancy) for counseling and we did an informal service on Sunday mornings with Nancy and some other ladies making breakfast in the galley which was served on the aft deck in good weather or the main salon in winter. In winter we often had homeless persons staying with us in the forward crew quarters which could accommodate six, but our private area aft of the galley was inviolable and people respected that. For Christmas we rigged the mast with enough white lights to be seen from the space station.  I miss this but now that I have decided to dedicate the rest of my days to go back to "minister", call me if you wish to speak to someone, need me to visit you in hospital, listen to your gripes about your wife, husband or partner, just call me anytime, day or night at:
(802) 487-9323 (landline), or (802) 673-0548 (Cell phone)

For spiritual counseling please contact my friend Larry Wall at the Church of God in Newport, the best pastor I know.

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment